ROLE FILLED: DevOps Engineer
|Job Title: DevOps Engineer||Location: Cambridge, UK|
|Status: Full Time||Salary: Competitive – dependent on experience|
|Job Start Date: Immediate||Line Manager: Chief Technology Officer|
Netduma are a rapidly growing, award-winning tech startup developing innovative software for networks. Our unique router operating system, DumaOS, is licensed to NETGEAR, the world’s largest router vendor, and Telstra, the largest ISP in Australia.
As a DevOps Engineer, you are responsible for maintaining and improving our development & release infrastructure. You will have the opportunity to design and develop creative, compelling, fault-tolerant and cutting-edge networking systems that support our mission.
You will be involved in various stages of each product’s lifespan and work with a combination of in-house (on-prem) technology and Cloud systems. This is an ideal role for someone who is looking to get more exposure to cutting edge tools and DevOps methodologies.
What you will learn in this role:
- Creating and maintaining CI/CD pipelines for multiple environments
- Partnering with developers to create instrumentation to monitor, troubleshoot and resolve issues related to the health of software services
- Maintaining/creating operations documentation
- Collaborate with engineers to manage code releases and deployments
- Build pipelines, scripts, and documentation to improve the way we deploy
- Architect the overall DevOps CI/CD design, development, testing, and release of new capabilities and features
- Writing scripts to automatically deploy all types of applications
- Creating tools to analyze and visualize system health
We are only interested in hiring ‘A Players’ i.e. people with a true passion for programming and software engineering. If you think this describes you then read on.
- Command line Linux / Bash
- Docker (or some other container technology)
- Build Systems e.g. Makefiles
- Automation tools e.g. Jenkins
- Buildroot, Yocto or OpenWRT
- Building Linux Kernel
- Wireless and Linux network stack
Interested in applying? Send your CV to us here