Now Hiring: Software Developer
|Job Title: Software Developer||Location: Cambridge, UK|
|Status: Full Time||Salary: £25k – £40k dependent on experience|
|Job Start Date: Immediate||Line Manager: Chief Technology Officer|
Netduma are a rapidly growing, award-winning tech startup that develops innovative software for networks.
We are looking for a talented Software Developer who will play a key part in the continued development of DumaOS, our router operating system. As a Software Developer, you will have genuine responsibility for development across our numerous, creative projects with the opportunity for true full stack development, from kernel to web application and everything in between.
You will report directly to our Founder & Chief Technology Officer, gaining outstanding exposure and training from an elite development team. Being a startup we are far less about the 9 to 5 and more about combining hard work with fun to achieve results.
DumaOS is licensed to NETGEAR, the world’s largest router vendor, and has received universal acclaim from both the tech press & end users. By joining our team, you will be working on technology that is setting the global standard for home router software.
What you will learn in this role:
- True full stack development (OS) from kernel to JS web application
- Network protocols and processing
- Systems, Algorithms & Data Structures, Networking, Compilers, Advanced Build Systems
- Working with International development teams from USA, Canada, Taiwan and China, including Blue Chip companies
- Linux networking kernel development
- Startup culture and working in a team
We are only interested in hiring ‘A Players’ i.e. people with a true passion for programming and software engineering. If you think this describes you then read on.
- Experienced and confident in an imperative high-level programming language, such as Python, PHP or Lua
- Comfortable with Linux (or UNIX variant) and command line
- Familiar with the HTTP protocol and REST
- Competent using Git version control
- Experience with C and C++
- Previous work experience is desirable, but not essential. We are far more interested in talent, a willingness to learn and a passion for programming
Interested in applying? Send your CV to us here
We do not deal with recruitment agencies so please refrain from contacting us.